More Allergy Meds Recalled

The net has widened for the original medication recall of several prominent McNeil Consumer products. The original recall included Benadryl® and Zyrtec®. Now add PediaCare Allergy and Cold® to the list of medicines that shouldn't be used. Check out the additional PediaCare products on the list and clean out the medicine cabinet.

I received a check in the mail from McNeil Consumer Care for $41.00 after I reported five recalled medicines from our medicine cabinet. I'll be filling out another report as the school nurse informed me that the Benadryl® I'd sent into school is also on the list.

I'll add it to my to-do list. I hope that McNeil Consumer and other pharmaceutical companies are being super vigilant about what is in their products. As consumers, we place our trust and our lives, as well as the lives of our children, in their hands. Recalls like this shake my trust to the core.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I just wanted to say that if anyone is having trouble finding meds because of the recall you can get them specially made at a compounding pharmacy. I believe a lot if not all generics are fine but just as another alternative. We have to get all DD's meds compounded since corn is in all meds. Luckily we live 2miles from the only compounding pharmacy in the state! :)

zyrtec allergy medicine said...

Thanks for the head's up on this. Too many crazy recalls.