Food Allergy Conference

FEAST (Food Allergy, Eczema, Asthma, Support Team) will hold their first food allergy conference on Saturday September 25, 2010 in Seattle Washington.

How to Manage Your Child's Life-Threatening Food Allergies: Practical Tips for Everyday Life

Linda Coss will  be giving the conference keynote address, “What You Need to Know about Food Allergy Management.” In this presentation she'll talk about some of the things that are in her “How To” book, such as recognizing and treating an allergic reaction, avoiding the dangers of cross-contamination, and more. In addition, she'll be discussing how parents can handle all of the day-to-day issues in such a way that their child grows up “well-adjusted” in spite of having potentially fatal food allergies.

Please spread the word about this conference. For more information, or to register, visit the conference website.

I received a related note directly from Linda:
As with all of my talks to the food allergy community, I will not be asking for a speaking fee for my participation in this conference. If you know of another volunteer-run food allergy support organization such as FEAST that needs a speaker for a conference, please let them know that I consider it an honor to be able to help other parents. All I ask is that the organization pay for my actual travel costs.

No comments: