Silk Soy Milk: Monday Review


We first heard about Silk Soy Milk several years ago at the Cheesecake Factory...really. We brought little guy's food and explained to our server that he couldn't eat anything on the menu due to his food allergies. When she heard he had a milk allergy, she asked if we'd ever tried Silk's Very Vanilla Soy Milk. She said it tastes like a vanilla milkshake. You know what? She was right.

Since then, we've found Silk's regular vanilla flavor a great substitute for milk in the breakfast cereal. They now carry an organic brand too. I use Silk in any recipe that calls for milk. We love it in smoothies and it's great in my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Recently, representatives from Silk asked me if we would try their new Silk Heart Healthy. They sent me a coupon. Very tasty with the added benefit of phytosterols, a plant ingredient that helps the body reduce cholesterol. That's a great benefit for the moms and dads out there who have to lower cholesterol.

Check out Silk Soy Milks- dairy allergic or not. You can sign up for a 75 cent coupon from the homepage.

By the way, this is a photo of a shelf in my refrigerator! Any other Silk fans out there?

6 comments:

Jenny said...

My dairy-allergic son drinks Silk Original Soy milk. He has since shortly he turned one year. He likes it and getting it in the double pack is usually cheaper than getting it in the single carton. I look forward to visiting their site for the coupon.

Sabrina K. said...

We get the double pack too, of Silk Vanilla. Our grocery store adverts online that they have a 3 pack or something, but I have yet to see it.

Unknown said...

I just saw the 3-pack at our Costco. It was the Organic Vanilla Silk. Costco offered a $2 off coupon too. Good deal!

Lyzz said...

My daughter loves the vanilla Silk. It's even starting to grow on me.

Anonymous said...

I know my sister likes the chocolate flavor of this... but I've never had it because I'm allergic to soy!

Sara said...

I use the Silk Original for my dairy-allergic 1 year old. Not to drink, since we still have her on Alimentum. But I use it to make bisquick biscuits and a dairy-free/egg-free pancake that she loves.