- Calcium lactate
- Calcuium stearoyl lactylate
- Cocoa butter
- Cream of tartar
- Lactic acid (although, lactic acid starter culture may contain lactose)
- Potassium lactate
- Sodium lactate
- Sodium stearoyl lactylate
None of the ingredients above contain milk protein and those with milk/dairy allergy do not need to avoid any of these ingredients. If you need a more comprehensive list, pop on over to Go Dairy Free where Alisa Fleming offers more details on this subject.
While I'm on the subject, there are several other misconceptions about some common foods:
- Coconut- is not a nut, but a fruit
- Nutmeg- does not contain nuts
- Water Chestnuts- are not in the nut family.