Food Allergy Friendly Recipe

Just in time for grilling season, I'll share one of our favorite chicken marinade recipes. I throw the chicken breasts in a container or zip-top bag with these ingredients as soon as I buy them. After I add the other ingredients, I make sure I grill (baking works too) them that day or the next. If not, it all goes in the freezer for an easy yummy meal another time. Check out my site, foodallergyassistant.com, for more allergy friendly recipes.
Marinated Chicken
free of dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat and soy
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons mustard (the kind from a squeeze bottle)
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• ground black pepper to taste
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

• In a gallon size reclosable bag, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
• Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat or preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Place chicken on the prepared (lightly oiled) grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear or bake for approximately 40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Discard marinade.

No comments: