- When a chocolate cookie recipe comes from the Hershey Kitchens, I figure you can't go wrong. This recipe for Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies is easy to adapt. I use dairy-free margarine and I substitute the 2 eggs with a mixture of 3 Tablespoons water, 3 Tablespoons canola oil and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. I use dairy-free chips and eliminate the nuts. Simply divine!
- Food Allergy Mama's Chocolate Crinkles are already dairy, egg, nut free and yummy.
- This classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe by Sunmaid is another staple on my cookie tray. Again, I use a dairy-free margarine and substitute the one egg with a mixture of 1 1/2 Tablespoons water+ 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Snickerdoodles always remind me of Christmas. Ummmm...that smell of cinnamon sugar baking...Sue W.'s recipe is also easily changed by using dairy-free margarine and substituting the 2 eggs with a mixture of 3 Tablespoons water, 3 Tablespoons canola oil and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- One of our new favorites is the 2010 FAANtastic Divvies Cookie Contest Winner. Libby, the creator of Double Chocolate Brownie Bites has also provided a gluten-free version of her recipe.
Happy baking...and eating! What cookies will you bake this season?