Baked Milk and Egg Food Challenges

We met with the allergist last week. At the top of my list was to talk about food challenges for baked egg and milk. What I found out was quite encouraging.

She told me they've done many challenges for these foods over the past few months and nearly all have been successful. There are now dozens of children and adults in their practice who are successfully eating foods that contain milk and egg that has been heated to a high temperature. The most recent research, she said, is showing that those who eat baked milk and egg on a regular basis may get rid of all milk and egg allergy.

Woot!

We're going to give it a go this summer. She wants to start with egg first, using the angel food cake recipe used at Mt. Sinai for these type of challenges. It contains 12 eggs and will be baked at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. I'm a little nervous after a nerve-wracking and unsuccessful egg challenge a year ago, but I am feeling hopeful.
I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

TxMom said...

Thanks for posting about this! I am going to ask our allergist about it at our annual appt. next month. I hope it goes well for you.

Jenny said...

We scheduled a baked milk for August when we went to Baltimore back in April. *crosses fingers for us all*

Unknown said...

Buy and Search for companies in the Food & Related products, Baby Foods, Biscuits, Bread, cakes and pastries, Baked Goods, Milk shakes in allover USA

Food Related products directory