Fund A Cure for Food Allergies

This month, FAAN is again participating in the Pepsi Refresh contest. The group is asking for $250,000 to find a cure for food allergy. If this idea makes it to the top two ideas, we all win! It is currently ranked 59th. Your vote is needed. The vote of your parents, friends, neighbors, entire e-mail distribution list is needed. Imagine what a quarter of a million dollars for food allergy research could do!

You can vote every day all month. Please go to the Pepsi Refresh contest and vote today. Or you can text 104004 to Pepsi (73774). Then tweet it, FB it and get the word out to others. Anyone can vote. The contest ends November 30.

Last month, FAAN asked everyone to vote for Camp TAG, food allergy summer camps, in the Pepsi Refresh contest. Camp TAG didn't win, but since it made it to the top 100, there is still a chance for it to get it into the top two this month.

1 comment:

ReactionHQ said...

I lived with anaphylaxis (severe allergy) for 35 years until I overcame it in 2006. There has been a lot in the media claiming the eating peanuts when pregnant and/or eaten during infancy can lead to peanut allergy. There are a lot of other factors involved of which researchers neglect or miss.

Unfortunately they are only looking at the allergy from one perspective. That is probably the reason why it took someone living with the allergy to reverse it.

I find that there is a huge gap between experts, researchers, professionals, and families with allergy. Even though I support raising funds to find a cure, I believe that there is little chance of that unless a bridge is created to bring everyone together to conquer severe allergy from all perspectives.

I have just launched my website http://www.reactionhq.com.au. It is early days so I encourage you to bookmark my website to keep updated of when I start adding details about my path to overcoming my allergies. Of which will include a lot about early development, the origin of allergy, and how to combat it.

I have also set up a page to help get 'conquer peanut allergy' on Oprah's final season to bring everyone together to all work towards conquering this condition.
http://www.reactionhq.com.au/oprah

In Perfect Health
Michelle Flanagan
Ex-Anaphylactic & Founder of Reaction HQ