Food Allergy Bill is now Food Allergy Law

On Wednesday President Obama signed 35 bills into law. One of them was the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Act. This is welcome news for our school children with food allergies.

Forward this to your school board and administrators and offer your assistance in creating a plan that works for your school. Yes, it's a voluntary program, but the federal government will provide the standards and schools can craft a food allergy policy to fit their needs. We need consistency among our schools in the way food allergies are managed. This is a great step toward this so get inolved now!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

Thanks for posting about this law. I hadn't heard about it yet. I'm going to be reading more about it. And your blog has some great info. Thank you! I'm going to bookmark it. We're new to the allergy journey so I still have a lot to learn.

Lexi
www.hivesinthekitchen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Welcome Lexi! I know it can be confusing when you begin dealing with food allergies. There is a great supportive community to help you and I'm glad you found my site and blog. I'll be sure to visit your blog as well.

Carla Burke said...

Thanks for posting this. It's great information!
Carla

Ellie W. (Cloe mommy) said...

This is a good news for us, parents!

"The road to passage was not easy. FAAMA was ultimately inserted into a Food Safety Bill, which was approved by Congress during the lame duck session on December 21, 2010 and signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011."

I'm trilled to know how hard did this good act be approved!

Thanks you, too - to bring us very helpful information.