- Eating raw cookie dough- No egg in the mixture means no worries of salmonella!
- Getting fresh restaurant food- After talking to the chef or manager at the restaurant, your special order is prepared fresh especially for you.
- Meeting great people- The food allergy community is a very supportive group who share and care about everything related to food allergies.
- Learning about food labels and the benefits of "whole foods". Most people barely glance at food labels. Those of us dealing with food allergies carefully read every line; and if the list is too long, we often don't buy it. Who wants to eat azodicarbonamide and tragacanth gum?
- Being healthier- Think back to BFA (Before Food Allergy). Your family was probably eating a lot of processed foods containing dyes and multi-syllable chemicals. With food allergies, you know just what you're eating and that knowledge naturally leads to a healthier lifestyle.
And I really like a taste of cookie dough every now and then.