Baked Milk and Egg Recipes for Dairy and Egg Allergic

Bake with Dry Milk
So is anyone working on allergy-friendly recipes that introduce baked milk and baked egg for those with dairy and egg allergies? 


This Twitter feed from Dr. Browdash at the 2012 Western Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (WSAAI) meeting says, "70% of children who are allergic to egg or milk can tolerate extensively heated forms of the protein (e.g. cookies, cake).


We've gotten the go-ahead from the allergist, but I'm getting a little bored with my chocolate cake recipe into which I add one egg now. The guidelines are: bake for a minimum of 30 minutes at a temperature of at least 350 degrees. This means no cookies or cupcakes (not in the oven long enough), my favorite granola bar recipe is out for the same reason too. Cake seems to work well as I can substitute the additional eggs called for in the recipe. I'm not doing well with the baked milk at all, although we've had some success with commercially available breads like Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl, although I would prefer to make from scratch so I can control, and then increase the amount of dairy protein as tolerance increases.


This is an untapped area. Anyone else exploring this? I'd love some suggestions!
Post a Comment