Easiest Cake Recipe Ever

Egg-free Cake
Okay, a boxed cake isn't exactly "a recipe", but when I think about all of us allergy moms finding out at 9 pm that our food allergic child needs a birthday treat (aka cupcake) the next morning, I knew I needed to share this quick and easy trick. It's truly as easy as 1,2,3...
  1. Take a box of safe cake mix (Duncan Hines Classic Yellow is perfect for our dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut allergies) and dump it in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Slowly whisk in a 12-ounce can of club soda.
  3. Pour into pan(s) and bake.
Really, that's it. I made 12 cupcakes and one nine-inch round cake. Fast and delish.

Oh, and if you're watching calories, this recipe cuts them in half. I mean it's practically health food!

So, run out and get a few boxes of safe cake mix and a case of club soda to have on hand for the next time you hear, "Mommy, Sam's birthday is tomorrow and he's bringing in cupcakes for the class. Can you make a cupcake I can have?"

"Of course, dear..."

No comments: