Food Allergy Friendly PTO

As a PTO president, I really appreciated, and loved, this article showing an Ohio school offering allergy-friendly food at their annual PTO Pancake Breakfast.

The PTO noted that over 175 children in their schools deal with food allergies, and that these children, and their families, are often excluded from food events. They will have a pre-sale for allergy meals and will offer a separate menu and designated food preparation area.

Great idea, Hudson PTO!

I hope you raise tons of money at your Pancake Breakfast and that other schools follow your lead!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love this idea! What a great thing to do for kids with food allergies. My daughter never can participate in these unless she brings her own food--and that kind of takes away some of the fun.

Sabrina K. said...

I'm thinking of tackling the PTO next year. It's a good idea!