Best I.M. Healthy Soynut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

Recipe for Soynut Butter Cookies
I used to make soynut butter cookies for my peanut allergic child. He liked them, but this peanut butter lovin' mama wasn't a big fan. When I saw that I.M. Healthy is offering a percentage of their sales to Food Allergy Initiative to celebrate food allergy Awareness Week May 13-19, I knew that I had to try again with these cookies.

I did some recipe searching and some tweaking and I'll tell you, I can't stop eating these cookies.

Seriously, someone needs to stop me!

So if you want a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie that is free of peanuts, milk and eggs that everyone will love, look no further. Buy up some extra jars of IM Healthy soynut butter during food allergy awareness week and get baking. By the way, these freeze well too...and they taste fantastic frozen...
Here's exactly what I did to make the Best Soynut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1 stick Fleischmann's Unsalted margarine (only unsalted stick is dairy free)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup IM Healthy soynut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tablespoon canola oil ,  1 teaspoon baking powder mixed together until bubbly (this is the substitute for one egg)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the soynut butter, vanilla and water, oil baking powder mixture until well blended. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Let me know how much you loved these!

4 comments:

Food Allergies Recipe Box said...

These look yummy, a few ingredients that I can not have, but they look very delicious : )

Erin said...

A-MAZING!!!! I'm actually posting this review simply to keep my hands busy so I don't grab the remaining batch that just came out of the oven... SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mallory Maloney said...

Oh my gosh, these were delicious! As most people, though, I made a few changes to suit my lifestyle and what I had available in my kitchen:

+ 1/2 cup regular non-hydrogenated margarine as opposed to the stick of Fleischmann's ((No dairy issues, at least with margarine))

+ 1/2 Wowbutter soynut butter, as opposed to the IM Healthy brand

+ 1 egg as opposed to the baking water/canola oil/baking powder mixture ((No egg issues, unless eaten in excess, haha))

+ No chocolate chips of any sort ((Extremely sensitive to caffeine, even the small amount in chocolate))

Other than that, I followed this recipe exactly ... And it was pretty darn glorious! ♥ Om nom nom ...

Thank you for posting this recipe! >w<;

Unknown said...

Mallory,

Thanks for posting with your substitutions. So glad you enjoyed these!

-Food Allergy Assistant